The IMPaCT programme could not happen without our participants, who have volunteered to give us their time. Read on to find out more about our participants…
All of our participants are mental health service users who:
- are aged between 18 and 65 years
- have a psychotic disorder, including schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder or bipolar affective disorder
- see their care co-ordinator on a regular basis.
We exclude people who:
- have a primary diagnosis of Learning Disability
- have a physical health problem that will affect the measures that we take
- are currently pregnant and also mothers who are 6 months post-partum as our health promotion may interfere with the necessary antenatal/postnatal care
- have life threatening or terminal conditions where intensive care is already being given.