Council of Governors
The Council supports the Board of Directors in setting the long term vision for the organisation.
The Council's responsibilities include:
- appointing the Chair and other Non Executive Directors
- removing, if three quarters of the Council of Governors decide that it is necessary, the Chair or other Non Executive Directors
- approving, by a majority, the appointment of the Chief Executive by the Non Executive Directors
- appointing or removing the Trust's auditor
- to support and engage with the Trust Board
- to hold the Non Executive Directors to account for the performance of the Trust Board
- to represent the interests of the members of the Trust as a whole and the interests of the public
- approving 'significant transactions'
- deciding whether non-NHS work would significantly impact on the Trust's core role
- approving, by an overall majority, an application by the Trust to enter into a merger, acquisition, separation or dissolution
- approving amendments to the Trust's constitution
Our Board of Directors has a duty to consult, and listen to, the views of the Council of Governors.
The Council of Governors is made up of:
- appointed members from organisations that the Trust works with
- people who use the Trust's services elected by our membership
- carers of people who use the Trust's services elected by our membership
- members of the public elected by our membership
- members of staff elected by our membership
How to become a governor
Governors are elected to the Council of Governors from the public, service user, carer and staff constituencies. Elected governors serve a three year term on the Council of Governors.
Governors are also appointed by partner organisations.
The next elections will take place in the autumn of 2017.
Contact your governors
If you have a question for your governors, you may e-mail them using email@example.com
Recent Council Papers
Please see the Governors' page for earlier papers.
Next meeting date:
Thursday 8 June at 5pm.
The Maudsley Learning Centre (ORTUS), Denmark Hill SE5 8SN