Area of Expertise
- Autism specific strategies and approaches within educational settings
- School based assessment and consultation
- Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCPs)
- Advocacy in respect of children and young people’s views about their education
Laura is the Specialist Autism Education Lead seconded from the National Autistic Society (NAS) to work across both the Service for Complex Autism and Associated Neurodevelopmental Disorders (SCAAND) and the Autism and Intellectual Disability Intensive Intervention Team (AID-IIT). Her role is to provide specialist teaching and education support, advice and consultancy as part of the SCAAND and AID-ITT teams.
Laura is a Senior Educational Psychologist with 18 years of experience working with both mainstream and specialist schools across a number of Local Authorities. Laura also works as part of the Neurodevelopmental Research Lab at The Unuversity of Surrey.
Education and Training
- DEdPsy Educational Psychology (Institute of Education, University of London) 2009
- MEd Special Education - Autism (The University of Birmingham) 2005
- BSc Psychology (The University of Birmingham) 2000
Reflections on the first year of the Local Early Autism Programme (LEAP) Good Autism Practice (GAP), vol 18 (2) pp.72-79. Wilby, L. (2017)