Area of expertise
- Acutely Disturbed Behaviour
- Deep Brain Stimulation
- Impulse Control Disorders
- Movement disorders
- Functional Neurological Disorders
- Liaison Neuropsychiatry
Pospo is a Consultant Liaison Neuropsychiatrist in the NHS and an Honorary Clinical Senior Lecturer at the Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology and Neuroscience (King's College London). Employed by South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust, his main workplace is King's College Hospital, providing care for inpatients presenting with neuropsychiatric symptoms, but also running an Outpatient Neuropsychiatry Clinic.
He completed his Psychiatry training at the Maudsley Training Programme and was awarded the RCPsych Researcher Trainee of the year in 2014, at the International RCPsych Conference. During this time, he also completed an 18-month clinical research fellowship at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, USA) working alongside Professor Akira Sawa.
With a particular interest in education, he is the Maudsley Teaching Programme organiser, a Module Lead for the MSc in Clinical Neuropsychiatry (IoPPN) and a Firm Head for the GKT School of Medicine. He also serves as the London Division Academic Secretary of the Royal College of Psychiatrists and a contributor to the BMJ Best Practice.
Education & Training
- Degree in Medicine, Aristotle University, Thessaloniki, Greece 2003
- GMC Full Registration with licence to practise 2009
- Membership of the Royal College of Psychiatrists (MRCPsych) 2012
- Clinical Research Fellowship, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, USA 2013
- CCT Specialty: General Adult Psychiatry, Subspecialty: Liaison Psychiatry 2016