Cognitive Behavioural Therapist
Area of expertise
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Implementing self-compassion within cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
Jeremy completed a degree in occupational therapy and worked in physical health at Bournemouth Hospital before moving to London to work in mental health. He has worked in several clinical areas including psychosis rehabilitation, older adult mental health and dementia, and anxiety and depression. He trained in cognitive behaviour therapy at Royal Holloway University and has worked for both the North Kensington, and Croydon talking therapy services.
His experience has shown him that key to successful recovery is setting solid goals around who residents want to be, and how they want to live their lives. Coming to the ADRU can be a difficult decision and it can be scary to challenge long held beliefs. Jeremy hopes that with the right support and environment he can help people to change their lives for the better.
Education and training
- PG Cert Social Science Research Methods (Nottingham Trent University) 2001
- BSc Occupational; Therapy (Derby University) 2013
- PG Dip Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (Royal Holloway University) 2018
“Bridging the Mind-Body Gap” OT news Nov 2017