Area of Expertise
- Sensory integration - impact on sensory motor; social; academic; emotional and cognitive development
- Occupational performance, functionality and development of independence
- Gender diversity
- Autism / Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Challenging Behaviour
- Anxiety and Neurodevelopmental Conditions
Tina is a specialist occupational therapist with the CAMHS Neuropsychiatry and Challenging Behaviour Team and the Service for Complex Autism and Associated Neurodevelopmental Disorders (SCAAND). She is part of the senior leadership group of the service, as well as providing clinical interventions for young people and families with complex neurodevelopmental difficulties.
Tina qualified in 1999 from the School of Occupational Therapy in Copenhagen, Denmark and has worked in England since qualification. She has worked for a number of years in adult mental health, acute, forensic and community settings.
Tina started specialising in learning disability and autism in 2006 and have worked within this field since. She specialises as in occupational coaching, sensory integration and primitive reflexes. She focuses on the need of the child and how the needs can be met within the context of family life, school environment and other environment the child/young person may access within the community. She is also skilled in delivering teaching and training for families, school staff and other professionals.
Education and Training
- Primitive reflex training (RMT), 2017
- Postgraduate in Sensory Integration (Ulster University), 2014, including trained to apply the Sensory Integration Praxis Test (SIPT)
- Calibrated in Assessment Motor and Process Skills (AMPS) 2009 and Evaluation in Social Interaction (ESI), 2012
- BSc in occupational therapy (College for occupational therapy, Copenhagen), 1999
Bang-Andersen, T. (2020) Occupational therapy. In: Bernard, S. & McCarthy, J. Mental Health Needs of Children and Young People with Learning Disabilities. Pavilion Publishing and Media Ltd 2nd edition In press
Brock-Southon, C & Bang-Andersen, T (2013) Teaching skills. In: Chaplin, E., Hardy, S. & Underwood, L. Autism Spectrum Conditions. A Guide. Estia Centre. Pavilion Publishing and Media Ltd, Pp. 143 – 154.