We recruit enthusiastic practitioners interested in undertaking honorary psychodynamic psychotherapist posts within our services in Croydon, Lambeth, Lewisham and Southwark
We offer honorary psychodynamic psychotherapist posts to:
- Psychotherapists in training
- Counselling psychologists in training
- Qualified psychotherapists
You will need to have 50-100 practice hours as a psychodynamic therapist/practitioner working with adults.
Our patients are offered 12 months of weekly psychodynamic psychotherapy. You will be given weekly supervision and you will be able to observe assessments.
If you are interested and would like to gain experience of working in the NHS within a cross-modality team, please forward your CV with a covering letter to the borough service you wish to apply to. Contact details are listed below and we will be happy to discuss placements prior to application.
- Lambeth: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Southwark: Placements for psychology trainees are currently on pause, and we regret that we will not be responding to emails until we have a vacancy. There are a limited number of places for qualified psychotherapists interested in adult or perinatal/ parent-infant psychotherapy experience. Contact Anne McKay to enquire email@example.com
- Croydon: As currently actively recruiting. Contact Catherine Hinds or Elaine Noble on 020 3228 0462 via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lewisham: Michelle Washington email@example.com
Honorary Placements at the National Self-Harm Service
There are vacancies for honorary psychotherapists in the specialist national Self-Harm Outpatient Service (SHOPS) at the Maudsley Hospital.
The service sees people who have long term interpersonal difficulties and who are enduring emotional problems linked to adverse experiences in early life. We provide consultation, assessment and two years of intensive long-term psychotherapy for adults experiencing problems related to self-harm and other forms of self-destructiveness.
We are looking to recruit honorary psychotherapists to join the team based at the Maudsley Hospital in Denmark Hill. The placement offers an excellent opportunity for continuing professional development; weekly supervision from senior psychotherapists, clinical discussion groups and reduced fee enrolment for the Institute of Psychoanalysis lectures at the Maudsley.
These honorary posts would be particularly suitable for qualified and accredited psychotherapists who are looking to advance their psychotherapy practice in this area of work and for experienced mental health professionals including nurses, occupational therapists, psychiatrists and psychologists who are interested in psychotherapy.