Members and governors are at the heart of our organisation. Members provide us with feedback, local knowledge and support on a voluntary basis.
By becoming a member of South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust ('the Trust') you will be able to have a greater influence in how the Trust develops and will receive information and feedback.
The governors, with the support of our members, help make sure that our work is in keeping with our values.
Who can become a member?
- You need to be 16 years old or older
- Anyone who lives in England can join the Trust as a public member
- Anyone who has used our services in the past 5 years can join as a service user member, and their carers can join as carer members
- Anyone who works or volunteers for us
Why become a member
It’s free to join and as a member, you will be able to:
- Make your voice heard - elect representatives to serve on the Council of Governors
- Receive a monthly members' e-newsletter packed with news, events and features
- Attend members' events
- Take part in surveys and consultations about our plans and Trust services
- Benefit from discounts with local retailers and other organisations
How to become a Governor
- Governors are elected to the council of governors from the public, service user, carer and staff constituencies. Elected governors serve a three year term on the council of governors
- Elections are held every year in those constituencies where there are vacancies
- Governors are also appointed by partner organisations