Area of expertise
- Psychiatric disease in pregnancy
- Neurological disease in pregnancy
- Diabetes in pregnancy,
- Breast cancer survivorship.
Michael has been a Consultant and Senior Lecturer in Obstetrics and Gynaecology at King’s College Hospital since 1999 and retired from clinical obstetric practice in January 2017. He is the Editor-in-Chief of the BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, the section head for pregnancy, labour, delivery and postpartum care for the Faculty 1000, a clinical advisor for Epilepsy Action and a member of the FIGO Ethics Committee.
Education and Training
- Qualified as a doctor with a MBBS (Lond.) in 1982 from Guy’s Hospital Medical School
- Trained in obstetric and gynaecological training in a variety of London teaching hospitals.
- Obtained MD (Lond.) in 1995
- MRCOG in 1988
- CSST (obstetrics and gynaecology) in 1997
- FRCOG in 2008.
- Psychiatric disease and pregnancy – edited by O’Keane V, Marsh MS, Seneviratne T, Taylor Francis Publishing, 2006
- An Atlas of Osteoporosis (third edition) – Stevenson JC, Marsh MS, Taylor Francis Publishing, 2007
- Neurological disease and pregnancy – edited by Marsh MS, Brex P, Nashef L, Informa Publishing, 2012