Area of expertise:
- Assessing and treating anxiety disorders
- Working with people in the perinatal period
Idyli Kamaterou is a fully accredited therapist with the BABCP (British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies).
She completed her MSc in Counselling Studies at The University of Edinburgh and continued her studies in Mental Health at Middlesex University. She specialised in Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy at the University of Oxford.
She is currently working at CADAT assessing and treating people with anxiety disorders (e.g. OCD, BDD, PTSD, social anxiety, health anxiety). She also works in the perinatal stream of the service supporting mothers and fathers in the perinatal period.
Idyli has had experience of both primary and secondary mental health services. She has worked on a general psychiatric ward and in multi-disciplinary community mental health teams. In the last few years, she has worked as a CBT therapist in IAPT services for people with anxiety disorders and depression.
Idyli has a special interest in geriatric psychology which got her involved in running a pilot program for older adults with long-term conditions. The outcomes of this pilot were presented at the worldwide CBT conference in Berlin in 2019.
Education and training
- CBT for Long-Term Conditions, Canterbury Christ Church University, UK
- Supervision Training, University of Surrey, Guilford
- PgDip in Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy, Universtiy of Oxford, Oxford, UK
- PgDip in Mental Health Practice, Middlesex University, London, UK
- MSc in Counselling Studies, University of Edinborough, UK
- BSc (Hons) in Psychology, Panteion University of Social and Political Sciences, Athens, Greece