Area of Expertise
- Neurodevelopmental Conditions (Intellectual Disabilities, Autism, ADHD, Tourette Syndrome)
- Mental Health in Neurological Conditions (Epilepsy, Encephalitis, Neurometabolic Disorders, Motor Disorders)
- Functional Neurological Disorders
- Digital Health Technology
Ashley trained in both Paediatrics and Psychiatry. He worked previously at Birmingham Children’s Hospital for about 10 years, where he was also Clinical Lead for Research and Digital Technology. Ashley is currently a Consultant Paediatric Neuropsychiatrist in the Newcomen Neurodevelopmental Team and Paediatric Liaison Psychiatry Team, both at the Evelina London Children’s Hospital.
As part of these clinical roles, he is passionate about improving the quality of care for patients and their families through promoting collaborations between multidisciplinary professionals in Paediatrics and Mental Health.
Ashley has honorary academic positions at the Universities of Birmingham and Warwick, as well as national leadership roles in Neuropsychiatry, Intellectual Disabilities, and Epilepsy. He also has interests in teaching and training, as well as harnessing digital health technologies to improve the care and experience of children and their families.
Education and Training
- MBChB (University of Glasgow), 2002
- MRCPsych (Royal College of Psychiatrists), 2007
- MSc in Clinical Neuropsychiatry (University of Birmingham), 2012
- PGDip in Digital Health Leadership (imperial College London), 2019