Area of expertise
- Mental health and social care legislation
- Supporting families of people with Autism Spectrum Disorder
Emily has worked at the National Autism Unit since 2015. Her focus is on clinical suitability assessment of patients referred to the unit and supporting patients’ local services with the discharge planning and aftercare provision. Emily is also the lead for safeguarding adults and children on the ward.
Emily’s background as a mental health social worker, Approved Mental Health Professional and Best Interest Assessor allow her to support the team with decision making regarding care and treatment pathways.
Education and Training
- MSc in Family Therapy, King's College London, due 2021
- PG Cert in Family Therapy, King's College London, 2018
- PG Dip in Advanced Mental Health Practice, University of Bournemouth, 2012
- MA/DipSW Social Work, University of Birmingham, 2009