How our service can help you
**Due to Covid this service is now primarily delivered remotely**
The clinic is an NHS service run by Lambeth Drug and Alcohol team. The team is made up of doctors, nurses, psychologists, social workers, drug workers and counsellors.
All staff have experience and an interest in working with gay/msm using party drugs/chems.
The service is open to anyone living in the London Borough of Lambeth.
Who we work with:
The clinic offers treatment to all Lambeth residents aged 18yrs or over. We provide assessments to those:
- Wanting to review and explore their drug/chem use
- Wanting to stop using chems and abstain
- Wanting to cut down and gain more control around chem use and chemsex
- Wanting to gain an understanding around using safer and reducing risks.
*our needle exchange is open to everyone.
Treatment we offer:
An initial appointment is always offered to assess individual needs, this will take up to 2 hours. You will be assessed by one of the clinic nurses or social workers.
Sometimes people require a medical or psychiatric assessment on this day too.
Once assessed you will be allocated a keyworker who will work in partnership with you to facilitate treatment, through 1:1 key work sessions. Treatment may include:
- Motivational work
- Relapse Prevention
- Preparation for detoxification
- Community detox (GBL)
- Residential detox
- Group work
- Recreational activities (i.e. art group)
- Referrals for day programmes
- Referrals for residential rehabilitation
Sexual health screens:
Our nurses can offer a sexual health screen on assessment and on Fridays we offer appointments with a Sexual Health Dr (Consultant). A 60 second finger prick HIV test is available.
Operates on a drop in basis 9 - 4:30pm Monday - Friday offering needles, syringes, sterets and sharp boxes. A return service for sealed sharp boxes. Assessment of injecting sites Ð advice and information Ð harm minimisation.
How to access treatment:
We offer assessments every morning Monday Ð Friday at our Brixton site (Lorraine Hewitt House). We are able to see the first four people who present at 9am.
We can also offer a limited amount of appointments at other times which can be arranged by clicking here to email us.
- Service Borough Covers: Lambeth
Contact the serviceSite Location: Services at other sites Phone Number: 020 3228 1500
- Disabled Access: Yes
Lorraine Hewitt House
12-14 Brighton Terrace
Brixton,London, SW9 8DG
- Business Hours/Visiting Hours: Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm
- Conditions: Addictions, Anxiety, Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), Autism, Bipolar disorder, Body dysmorphic disorder (BDD), Childhood degenerative disorders, Conduct disorder, Dementia, Depression, Dissociative disorders, Eating disorders, Learning disabilities, Neuropsychiatry, Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), Perinatal disorders, Persistent physical symptoms, Personality disorders, Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), Psychosexual, Psychosis, Self-harm