How our service can help you
The Southwark CAMHS Family Early Help Serviceis part of Southwark Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS). We offer short-term help for children and young people, age of 18 years old, who live in the London borough of Southwark.
We offer advice, consultation, assessment and treatment for children and young people with mental health difficulties and disorders. We can offer up to 12 therapy sessions, and work with children and families to set goals and will regularly review their progress.
Our team provides a safe, effective, responsive service where staff involve and treat children, young people and their families with compassion, kindness, dignity and respect.
Services we offer include:
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy for Adolescents (IPT-A), and for PTSD
- Family Based Interpersonal Psychotherapy (FB IPT)
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- Systemic Family Practice (SFP)
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Mentalisation Based Treatment for Adolescents (MBT-A)
- Parent training (group and individual)
- Psycho-education, and mindfulness interventions
Our team members
The Family Early Help CAMHS team is made up of a range of experienced clinicians from different backgrounds. This may include social workers, nurses, art therapists, psychotherapists, counsellors, and clinical psychologists.
All of our clinicians are trained and fully embedded in Southwark Council's ÔFamilies Matter' approach.
Where we are based
Our service is available at multiple sites across Southwark. We may be able to see you at the following locations:
Southwark Social Care
132-134 Queen's Road
South Bermondsey's Children's Centre
First floor, Mapother House
- Service Borough Covers: Southwark Treatment type: Community
Contact the serviceSite Location: Maudsley Hospital Phone Number: 020 3049 8375
- Wheelchair accessible building,
- Evacuation chair
- Ground floor therapy room
- Accessible toilet
Lister Primary Care Centre
101 Peckham Road
Peckham,London, SE15 5LJ
- Business Hours/Visiting Hours: Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
- Conditions: Anxiety, Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), Autism, Conduct disorder, Depression, Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), Perinatal disorders, Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), Self-harm