Module 1: Managing Professional Boundaries when Supporting Adults with a Learning Disability
Duration: 1 Day (9.30am to 4pm)
- Provide an understanding of the key legislative, policy and ethical frameworks which determine professional boundaries.
- Know how to identify, establish and maintain professional boundaries when supporting adults with learning disabilities.
- Participants are advised to have completed our module 1, 'Introduction to Supporting Adults with a Learning Disability' course before attending this training.
- Support Workers, Day Centre Support Staff, Care Assistants, Personal Assistants etc.
- People who are new to the role of supporting adults with learning disabilities.
- Anyone working with adults with a learning disability who requires a refresher on this topic.
- Identify legislation, policy, procedures and values which determine professional conduct and practice.
- Understand our role in managing professional boundaries with, and for people with learning disabilities.
- Be able to identify potential boundary crossings and minimise their impact.
- Recognise the value in supporting a team culture of openly reviewing and discussing boundary crossings.
- The legal, procedural and ethical frameworks which shape our professional boundaries.
- Ethical and professional self leadership
- Identifying the early warning signs of potential boundary crossings
- Recognising and managing the 'grey area' of professional boundaries
- Assessing and minimising the risk of broken boundaries.
I never thought it would be possible to make legislation interesting and interactive but the trainer managed it! It has helped me to do my job more effectively and with confidence; hence I would advise everyone who supports people with learning disabilities to do this course.
Booking this course
Our courses are free of charge to learners working in not-for-profit organisations in London boroughs of Lambeth, Lewisham and Southwark and available for a fee to all other learners. Please click the relevant booking link below.
On booking a place on this training programme, you will be directed to Estia Oracle, our new virtual learning environment where you can access workshop information, learning materials and resources. If you would like to book multiple places for this course please email firstname.lastname@example.org