Module 1: Mental Capacity Act and Liberty Protection Safeguards
Duration: Half-day (9.30 - 13.00)
- To provide an understanding of the Mental Capacity (Amended) Act (MCA) 2019 & Liberty Protection Safeguards (LPS) 2019 and its application when supporting adults with learning disabilities.
- Support Workers, Day Centre Support Staff, Care Assistants, Personal Assistants etc.
- People who are new to the role of supporting adults with learning disabilities.
- Anyone working with adults with a learning disability who requires a refresher on this topic.
- Be able to describe the principles of MCA and LPS.
- Understand the support worker role in supporting decision making.
- Know how to assess mental capacity.
- Be able to identify deprivations of liberty.
- Be able to support people in understanding and exercising their rights.
- Understand the value of the support worker's role when supporting people to make their own decisions.
- Mental Capacity Act
- Deprivation of Liberty and Liberty Protection Safeguards
- Consent and decision making
- Supporting people to make their own decisions
- Best Interest decision making.
I never thought it would be possible to make legislation interesting and interactive but the trainer managed it! It has helped me to do my job more effectively and with confidence; hence I would advise everyone supporting people with learning disabilities to do this course.
Booking this course
Our courses are free of charge to learners working in not-for-profit organisations in London boroughs of Lambeth, Lewisham and Southwark and available for a fee to all other learners. Please click the relevant booking link below.
On booking a place on this training programme, you will be directed to Estia Oracle, our new virtual learning environment where you can access workshop information, learning materials and resources. If you would like to book multiple places for this course please email email@example.com