Module 1: Person Centred Risk Management when Supporting Adults with a Learning Disability
Duration: 1 Day (9.30am to 4pm)
- To enable staff to apply person centred practices when contributing to the assessment and management of risk when supporting adults with a learning disability.
- Participants are advised to have completed our module 1, 'Introduction to Supporting Adults with a Learning disability' course before attending this training.
- Support Workers, Day Centre Support Staff, Care Assistants, Personal Assistants etc.
- People who are new to the role of supporting adults with learning disabilities.
- Anyone working with adults with a learning disability who requires a refresher on this topic.
- Understand the principles of positive risk management .person centred assessment and positive risk-taking.
- Be able to contribute to positive and person-centred risk management process.
- Apply person centred thinking tools to support risk management processes.
- Adopt an outcomes focussed approach when supporting people to take positive risks.
- What is meant by risk management and person-centred risk.
- Factors that influence risk.
- Legislation and governance that determined our approach to managing risk.
- Mental health and behavioural risk factors for people with learning disabilities.
- The importance of proportionality and balance when assessing and managing risk
- Person centred thinking tools to support positive risk management.
- Risk plan review processes.
Thank you for the wonderful training- a great eye opener. With this I can comfortably assess and review risks and by doing the case studies I have a better understanding of how to look at the whole situation, questioning others opinions and finding the best solution.
Booking this course
Our courses are free of charge to learners working in not-for-profit organisations in London boroughs of Lambeth, Lewisham and Southwark and available for a fee to all other learners. Please click the relevant booking link below.
On booking a place on this training programme, you will be directed to Estia Oracle, our new virtual learning environment where you can access workshop information, learning materials and resources. If you would like to book multiple places for this course please email firstname.lastname@example.org