Module 3: Positive Behaviour Support Awareness for Team Leaders.
Duration: One day (9.30am to 4pm)
- To provide participants with an introduction to the principles of Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) and its application in care settings.
- For senior support staff and team leaders, supervisors and managers who have responsibility to mentor and supervise others supporting people who has behaviours of concern.
- Understand concerns relating to a person’s behaviours.
- Understand the principles and values of PBS in relation to using in their care settings.
- Be able to implement person centred working and active support in relation to PBS.
- Explore different ways of supporting PBS.
- Be able to recognise the challenges to implementing PBS and finding creative solution to overcome them.
- Definition of behaviour, and Positive Behaviour Support.
- Definition and causes of behaviours of concerns.
- Values and components of PBS.
- Application of Positive Behaviour Support.
- Person centred working and Active Support.
- Providing supportive and capable environment.
- Good Positive Behaviour Support in practice.
I enjoyed coming on the course . I came not knowing much but left with so much learning which am ready to use in my work and which will impact that knowledge to my team. The trainer was very experienced and guided learners in reflecting on their current practice and on how to improve their practice in their service.
On booking a place on this training programme, you will be directed to Estia Oracle, our new virtual learning environment where you can access workshop information, learning materials and resources. If you would like to book multiple places for this course please email email@example.com