Clinical Academics at South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust and the Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology and Neuroscience (IoPPN), King’s College London, and have been named on the annual Highly Cited Researcher 2022 list from Clarivate.
The annual list identifies researchers, including those who have clinical positions at the Trust, who demonstrated significant influence in their chosen field or fields through the publication of multiple highly cited papers during the last decade.
Dr Sarah Cornick, Interim Medical Director, South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust, said: “Congratulations to all our clinical academics who are named on the Highly Cited Researcher 2022 list. This is a huge achievement and testament to your commitment to improving outcomes for people who use our services. We are proud of our partnership with the Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology and Neuroscience (IoPPN), King’s College London.
“Research is a powerful way for healthcare professionals to directly improve patient care and to empower people who use mental health services. Our strategy, Aiming High; Changing Lives, sets out our aim to take a leading role, together with our academic partners in research, ensuring the translation of evidence-based approaches into practice in our local health and care system.”
Their names are drawn from the publications that rank in the top 1% by citations for field and publication year in the Web of Science™ citation index.
This year’s list continues to recognise researchers whose citation records position them in the very highest strata of influence and impact in mental health research
King’s College London has 27 entries in this year’s list, with 22 of those working at the IoPPN and many of those who have links to South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust.
- Louise Arseneault, Professor of Developmental Psychology
- Dag Aarsland, Professor of Old Age Psychiatry
- Andrea Danese, Professor of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- Paola Dazzan, Professor of Neurobiology of Psychosis & Vice Dean (International)
- Helen Fisher, Professor of Developmental Psychopathology
- Fiona Gaughran, Professor of Physical Health & Clinical Therapeutics in Psychiatry
- Peter Goadsby, Professor of Experimental Medicine & Therapeutics
- Francesca Happe, Professor of Cognitive Neuroscience
- Oliver Howes, Professor of Molecular Psychiatry
- Philip McGuire, Professor of Psychiatry & Cognitive Neuroscience
- Terrie Moffitt, Professor, Chair in Social Behaviour & Development
- Valeria Mondelli, Clinical Professor of Psychoneuroimmunology
- Craig Morgan, Professor of Social Epidemiology
- Sir Robin Murray, Professor of Psychiatric Research
- Carmine Pariante, Professor of Biological Psychiatry
- Martin Prince, Professor of Epidemiological Psychiatry
- Daniel Stahl, Professor of Medical Statistics & Statistical Learning
- Dr Brendon Stubbs, NIHR Clinical Lecturer
- Sir Graham Thornicroft, Professor of Community Psychiatry
- Lucia Valmaggia, Professor of Clinical Psychology
- Sir Simon Wessely, Regius Professor of Psychiatry
- Allan Young, Chair of Mood Disorders & Vice Dean (Academic Psychiatry)
The full 2022 Highly Cited Researchers list and executive summary can be found online here.