How our service can help you
The Autism Assessment and Behavioural Genetics Clinic is a
national, specialist service based at the Maudsley Hospital.
Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) and related disorders are lifelong neurodevelopmental conditions. However, they are often under-recognised in adults, particularly in adolescents, females and older adults.
We pioneered the development of specialist services for assessment and treatment of ASD and other neurodevelopmental disorders in adults.
We have over 20 years of experience in the development and delivery of diagnostics and specially adapted interventions and therapies for adults with ASD. We use gold-standard assessments and treatments in our work with patients and families. At least 50 percent of patients referred to us have undiagnosed additional mental health difficulties; the identification of these is critical to a patient's well-being.
Our evidence-based service provides assessment and treatment for people with:
- Suspected or diagnosed ASD, including autism and Asperger's syndrome.
- ASD and additional mental health problems, including obsessive compulsive disorder, psychosis, depression and anxiety.
- Suspected chromosomal abnormalities or single gene disorders, including 22q deletion and fragile X syndrome.
- ASD and behaviour that challenges.
- Other behavioural phenotypes of significant genetic origin.
We offer a one-stop appointment to all outpatients who require
diagnostic assessment. This includes feedback on the day, which is
particularly useful for those who travel long distances.
Our team includes internationally renowned clinicians. Our staff hold the world's biggest grant for research into autism and have won the NHS Innovation of the Year award. We use person centred approaches, helping patients to improve their coping skills and daily living abilities according to individual need. We work closely with families and local teams to support patients in their local communities.
**We are not currently offering face to face appointments to ensure the safety of patients and staff. Appointments are being offered virtually. For patients who are unable to take part in a virtual appointment, please be assured you will remain on our waiting list until it is safe to resume face to face appointments.**
- Service Type: Adult Mental Health Services (National) Service Borough Covers: National (Adult services)
Contact the serviceSite Location: Maudsley Hospital Email: email@example.com Fax Number: 0203 228 8521 or 0203 228 6791
Camberwell,London, SE5 8AZ
Business Hours/Visiting Hours:
Monday - Friday, 9-5pm excluding bank holidays
- Conditions: Addictions, Anxiety, Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), Autism, Bipolar disorder, Body dysmorphic disorder (BDD), Childhood degenerative disorders, Conduct disorder, Dementia, Depression, Dissociative disorders, Eating disorders, Learning disabilities, Neuropsychiatry, Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), Perinatal disorders, Persistent physical symptoms, Personality disorders, Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), Psychosexual, Psychosis, Self-harm