How our service can help you
The Lambeth Rapids Team is part of Lambeth Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS). We provide support for children and young people who are experiencing a mental health crisis, or those with severe and complex mental health needs who may require more intensive support.
Our aim is to try to keep young people out of hospital and ensure that their care and treatment is delivered within the community.
Where we work
Most appointments with us will take place in our clinic at 35 Black Prince Road in Kennington. We can also carry our home visits, school visits, and also attend hospital discharge meetings if appropriate.
- Service Borough Covers: Lambeth Treatment type: Community
Contact the serviceSite Location: William Geoffrey House Phone Number: 020 3228 7370
- Step free access at the side of the building
- Therapy rooms available on the ground floor
- Accessible toilet on the ground floor
35 Black Prince Road
Kennington,London, SE11 6JJ
- Business Hours/Visiting Hours: Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm
- Conditions: Anxiety, Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), Autism, Bipolar disorder, Body dysmorphic disorder (BDD), Conduct disorder, Depression, Dissociative disorders, Learning disabilities, Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), Persistent physical symptoms, Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), Psychosexual, Psychosis, Self-harm
Other essential information
What we can help with
When a young person comes to see us, we will offer them an initial crisis assessment to figure out the best way that we can help. This first assessment will usually take between one and four face to face sessions.
Most people will have one or two contacts with us each week. Some people may require more help to begin with, and we will work with you to figure out how much input is needed.
The length of time you will need to continue to see us will depend on how much help you need. Some people will stay with us for a short period of time, while others may need to see us for a longer period.
When you come to see us you will be assigned a care co-ordinator who will be your main point of contact. As part of your treatment with us, we may also need to involve other team members in your care.
If we feel the Rapids Team is not the appropriate service for your needs, we will signpost, or refer you into another CAMHS team, or to one of our partner agencies.
We offer a range of multi-disciplinary interventions that include:
- Nursing support
- Psychodynamic Psychotherapy
- Art Psychotherapy
- Specialist Support for young people who are experiencing first episode psychosis
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT) group sessions
- Family therapy
- Vocational support to help young people to gain independence and access community resources
All of our clinical staff offer support around safety planning.