How our service can help you
Croydon Medication Support Service- (CMSS) plays a key part in the Recovery Pathway and works in close collaboration with the Promoting Recovery Teams and Primary Care Mental Health Support Service within the Promoting Recovery Pathway.
Cohort Ð adults from 18-65
CMSS provides a Borough wide service to support individuals with severe and enduring mental illness with a primary diagnosis of psychosis who require professional support to manage their wellbeing. Service users fall into the cohort of people who are stable and at low risk of relapse. However, this group cannot move back to primary care because of the complexity of their medications.
Referrals to the service will be primarily via community teams within the Psychosis CAG or exceptionally, people with bipolar from the MAP CAG
Medication support/interventions includes:
- Recovery interventions, fostering independence and autonomy including interventions such as coaching, problem solving, motivational interview, etc.
- Early signs and symptoms recognition and management of symptoms
- Clozapine Initiation
- Psycho-education for Service Users and Carers
- Social support: working with service users to support them with accessing community resources, social and leisure activities
- Monitoring and ensuring physical health needs are addressed
- Appropriate Medication review and management
- Identifying substance use issues and signposting/liaising with relevant services/agencies
- Assistance/signposting to access suitable accommodation
- Signposting regarding information about Direct Payments or Advocacy Services
- Compulsory interventions using the Mental Health Act 1983
- Vocational support/signposting: assistance in accessing agencies that offer training and development opportunities such as college courses
- Carers Assessments if appropriate and support and advice for carers
- Service Borough Covers: Croydon Treatment type: Community
Contact the serviceSite Location: Jeanette Wallace House Known As: CMSS Email: CroydonMedicationSupportService@slam.nhs.uk Phone Number: 020 3228 0300 or 020 3228 0338
- Disabled Access: There is disabled access.
- Address: Jeanette Wallace House, No 1 Edridge Road, Croydon,London, CR0 1FE
- Business Hours/Visiting Hours: Working hours 09:00 - 17:00 hours
- Conditions: Bipolar disorder, Psychosis