How our service can help you
Our service was set up to help young people in the care of the local authority in Lewisham who are struggling with mental health difficulties, as well as adopted young people living in Lewisham.
The Symbol Therapy Team is part of Lewisham Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS). We offer assessment, therapeutic intervention and care for looked after and adopted children and young people, up to the age of 18, with moderate to severe emotional, behavioural and mental health problems.
This means that we see young people who are struggling with significant anxiety, depression, challenging behaviour and other mental health problems.
We are a Tier 3 Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS). This means that children and young people who have had severe and complex mental health problems for some time can be cared for by our team of mental health workers.
- Service Borough Covers: Lewisham Treatment type: Community
Contact the serviceSite Location: Lewisham Park Known As: Symbol Therapy Team Phone Number: 020 3228 1000
- Accessible toilets
- Therapy rooms available on the ground floor
- Address: 78 Lewisham Park Lewisham,London, SE13 6QJ
- Business Hours/Visiting Hours: Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
- Conditions: Anxiety, Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), Autism, Bipolar disorder, Body dysmorphic disorder (BDD), Childhood degenerative disorders, Depression, Dissociative disorders, Learning disabilities, Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), Perinatal disorders, Persistent physical symptoms, Personality disorders, Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), Psychosexual, Psychosis, Self-harm