How our service can help you
The Forensic Intensive Psychological Treatment Service (FIPTS) was developed in 2004 in partnership with the Ministry of Justice and Department of Health to treat and manage high risk offenders with severe personality disorder. In 2016 FIPTS community team became an Intensive Intervention and Risk Management Service (IIRMS) as part of the National Offender Personality Disorder strategy jointly funded by NHS England and NOMS (National Offender Management Service).
The FIPTS IIRMS Community Team is multi-disciplinary and adopts an evidence based psycho-social approach to working with service users. As well as helping our clients reduce or stop violent offending we also strive to help improve the quality of their relationships and assist them to achieve success in other important areas such as employment, education and community living. Our main focus is to promote independence and improve the quality of life of all our clients whilst reducing their risk of recidivism.
Referrals are accepted from secure services and probation offices within the appropriate catchment area.
Who is suitable to be referred to FIPTS?
- Male or female 18 years or older
- Must be subject to s37/41 of the Mental Health Act or subject to a probation order and screened in to the Offender Personality Disorder pathway
- Diagnosis or problematic traits of personality disorder
- Forensic history of violent and/or sexual offending
- A willingness to engage in psychological treatment and management
- Client presenting a high level of risk for future violent and/or sexual offending
- Functional link between personality disorder and risk for violent and/or sexual offending
- IQ of 70 or more
- Catchment areas of Lambeth,Southwark or Wandsworth
- Service Borough Covers: Lambeth, Southwark, Wandsworth Treatment type: Community
Contact the serviceSite Location: Services at other sites Phone Number: 020 3228 6516
108 Landor Road,London, SW9 9NU
Business Hours/Visiting Hours:
FIPTS Community Forensic Team - 9am - 5pm, Monday - Friday.
- Conditions: Addictions, Anxiety, Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), Autism, Bipolar disorder, Body dysmorphic disorder (BDD), Childhood degenerative disorders, Conduct disorder, Dementia, Depression, Dissociative disorders, Eating disorders, Learning disabilities, Neuropsychiatry, Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), Perinatal disorders, Persistent physical symptoms, Personality disorders, Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), Psychosexual, Psychosis, Self-harm