How our service can help you
The River Team is part of Lambeth Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS). We provide assessment, treatment and care for young people, aged 0-18, who have moderate to severe mental health difficulties which impact on their daily lives.
Our team also provide specialist support for children and young people who have moderate to severe learning difficulties. This includes autistic spectrum disorder (ASD), attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and Tourette Syndrome (TS).
We are an Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) service. We offer individual and family interventions, psychological therapies including talking therapies, creative therapies and medication management in line with NICE guidelines.
We are based at two main sites in the community; 35 Black Prince Road, the Mary Sheridan Centre.
Our team members come from a variety of clinical backgrounds that can include child and adolescent psychiatrists, clinical psychologists, community psychiatric nurses, child psychotherapists, occupational therapists, as well as creative therapists.
- Service Borough Covers: Lambeth Treatment type: Community
Contact the serviceSite Location: William Geoffrey House Phone Number: 020 3228 7370 (Black Prince Road)
020 3049 5260 (Mary Sheridan Centre)
35 Black Prince Road
- Step free access at the side of the building
- Therapy rooms available on the ground floor
- Accessible toilet on the ground floor
Mary Sheridan Centre
- Step free access to the building
- Lift access to the first floor
- Accessible toilets on the ground floor
- Blue badge parking in the Mary Sheridan Centre car park
35 Black Prince Road
Kennington,London, SE11 6JJ
- Business Hours/Visiting Hours: Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm
- Conditions: Anxiety, Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), Autism, Bipolar disorder, Body dysmorphic disorder (BDD), Conduct disorder, Depression, Dissociative disorders, Learning disabilities, Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), Persistent physical symptoms, Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), Psychosexual, Psychosis, Self-harm