How our service can help you
The Southwark Child and Adolescent Neurodevelopmental Serviceis part of Southwark child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS). We provide assessment and treatment for children and young people, up to the age of 18, who have a severe developmental disability and complex mental health problems.
We provide care for children and young people whose complex needs cannot be met in mainstream CAMHS. The issues we most frequently provide help with include autistic spectrum disorders (ASD), attention deficit and hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and mood disorders.
We provide a range of treatments and care, including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), parenting support, and group work for parents, children and siblings.
CBT is a talking treatment that can help people overcome upsetting and unhelpful patterns of thinking and behaving. It helps people to be clearer about these patterns and helps to work out a way of changing them.
Our team members
Our service is made up of a number of professionals from different backgrounds who work together to provide care. This may include child and adolescent psychiatrists, social workers, clinical psychologists, community psychiatric nurses, child psychotherapists, occupational therapists, art, music and drama therapists.
- Service Borough Covers: Southwark Treatment type: Community
Contact the serviceSite Location: Sunshine House, Peckham Phone Number: 020 3049 8269
- Wheelchair accessible building with step free access
- Blue badge parking in the car park
- Accessible toilets
27 Peckham Road,London, SE5 8UH
- Business Hours/Visiting Hours: Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
- Conditions: Anxiety, Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), Autism, Bipolar disorder, Body dysmorphic disorder (BDD), Childhood degenerative disorders, Dementia, Depression, Dissociative disorders, Learning disabilities, Neuropsychiatry , Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), Perinatal disorders, Persistent physical symptoms, Personality disorders, Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), Psychosexual, Psychosis, Self-harm