How our service can help you
We are a multi-professional team of HIV Mental Health Specialists.
Our aim is to increase the capacity for mainstream mental health & HIV services to support people living with HIV, who also have a significant mental health problem.
We provide advice, training and liaison work to a wide range of statutory and non-statutory mental and physical health care services in the Boroughs of Lambeth, Southwark and Lewisham.
We embrace diversity and difference and endeavour to reduce the marginalisation of people living with HIV.
*Please note we do not care co-ordinate patients, and will be co-working clients alongside other professionals that are involved.
Services we provide:
1. Psychiatric Liaison, assessment and support for clients referred by the HIV Clinics and medical inpatient wards
2. Psychiatric Liaison, second opinions, support and advice, to SLaM's inpatient wards, mental health community teams & Addiction Services
3. Screening, cognitive assessment and onward referral for HIV related cognitive impairment
4. Psychiatric Liaison, assessment and support for patients with HIV related neurocognitive problems in specialist nursing homes
5. Assessment, formulation, short term work and onward referral for complex psychological problems
6. Liaison work with Primary Care and other HIV organisations
7. Health Promotion and Prevention, education and training
8. Pre and post test counselling for HIV testing
9. A clinical psychology service to children and young people who attend paediatric HIV clinics
- Service Borough Covers: Lambeth, Lewisham, Southwark Treatment type: Outpatient
Contact the serviceSite Location: Maudsley Hospital Phone Number: 020 3228 5121
108 Landor Road,London, SW9 9NT
Business Hours/Visiting Hours:
OPENING TIMES: 09.00-17.00
- Conditions: Addictions, Anxiety, Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), Autism, Bipolar disorder, Body dysmorphic disorder (BDD), Childhood degenerative disorders, Conduct disorder, Dementia, Depression, Dissociative disorders, Eating disorders, Learning disabilities, Neuropsychiatry, Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), Perinatal disorders, Persistent physical symptoms, Personality disorders, Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), Psychosexual, Psychosis, Self-harm