Module 1: The Science of Happiness for Autism and Learning Disability; providing support for a life with purpose and meaning.
Duration: Full day (9.30am to 4pm)
- Provide participants with the opportunity to consider what it is to support someone to have a meaningful and fulfilling life.
- Give participants a range of tools to enable them to provide an enhanced level of support to increase quality of life for adults with a learning disability and autism.
- Participants who already have a good understanding of Autism and Learning Disabilities.
- Support workers, Care Assistants, Day Centre Support Staff, Personal Assistants etc.
- Describe the basic principle of positive psychology.
- Relate the basic principle of positive psychology to the caring role.
- Know how to present a variety of options in different formats and support with choice.
- Be able to contribute to the creation of a proactive environment full of opportunity for adults with a learning disability and autism.
- What is meant by a Meaningful and fulfilling life?
- Positive Psychology Basics – Character Strengths, Authenticity, Resilience, Motivation & Positive Emotions.
- Communicating options and supporting with choice.
- Communication Passports
- Collaborative approaches with parents, siblings, former carers, and specialists.
- Potential barriers and how to overcome them.
- Tools and support available.
Booking this course
Our courses are free of charge to learners working in not-for-profit organisations in London boroughs of Lambeth, Lewisham and Southwark and available for a fee to all other learners. Please click the relevant booking link below.
On booking a place on this training programme, you will be directed to Estia Oracle, our new virtual learning environment where you can access workshop information, learning materials and resources. If you would like to book multiple places for this course please email firstname.lastname@example.org